Pet Friendly Hotel
At Bridge House we know how important your dog is to you, after all he’s a member of your family. That’s why we welcome dogs at Bridge House, so that they can also enjoy a holiday with you.
Your dog’s stay at Bridge House
Each dog costs just £15 per night (maximum of two dogs allowed) and with this we offer a dog towel for muddy paws and treats to remind them of good behaviour! At your request, we can also offer your dog a meal of cooked plain chicken and rice.
We have a fully enclosed garden so the dogs can have a free roam with the gate closed. They are allowed in the bar and medieval lounge, but unfortunately not in the Sunroom ‘breakfast room’ or the main restaurant.
What’s on offer for your dog?
- Dog towel
- Dog treats and meal (when requested)
- A secure enclosed garden with a dog poo bin
- A dog sitter at an additional charge. (via a local dog sitter/walker)
- Dog grooming at an additional charge (via a local dog groomer)
Which bedrooms can my dog stay in?
You can stay with your dog in any of our Coach House rooms, our Superior Family Suite and two of our Deluxe Doubles.
Where can I walk my dog locally?
Around Beaminster/Netherbury: There is a lovely lane just a few minutes from the hotel which takes you on a field walk over to the village of Netherbury. Ask at reception for directions.
Beach Dog Walking in West Dorset
Some beaches don’t allow dogs during peak holiday season (when there are more children on the beach). However, there are beaches which allow dogs all year round and also beaches which have specific areas for dog walking.
- Burton Bradstock Beach (Hive Beach): Between 1 May and 30 September no dogs allowed, except on East Beach.
- West Bexington Beach: Dogs allowed in a restricted area.
- Eype Beach: Dogs allowed all year.
- West Bay: Between 1 May to 1 October no dogs are allowed, except in the port area where they must stay on a lead. Cogden-dogs allowed.
- Lyme Regis: Between 1 April and 31 October no dogs on Lyme Regis's front beach and on leads for the rest of year. Dogs are allowed on Monmouth Beach, Cobb Gate and East Beach.
- Charmouth West Beach: Between 1 May - 30 September no dogs as far as the bridge at the end of the prom, from which point dogs are allowed on leads westwards towards Lyme Regis.
- Charmouth East Beach: No dogs in July and August between 10am-6pm.
- Seatown Beach: No dogs are allowed.