Access to the BridgeHouse Hotel
In order to help you enjoy your visit to the BridgeHouse Hotel, please find information below regarding ease of access to the hotel.
Prior to arrival
Bookings can be made through our on line booking service, by phone, in person or via e-mail. The hotel is located just 50 metres from the square in the centre of Beaminster where all the main bus services arrive and depart. The nearest train station is Crewkerne which is a small, rural station albeit on the Waterloo to Exeter main line. We are very happy to organise a taxi for you from the station or from our nearest airports – Exeter and Bournemouth – both approximately an hour’s drive. We are also able to organise a taxi suitable for wheelchair users.
Arrival at the hotel
Arriving at the front
- The hotel has its own, private car park just yards from the front door and accessed through two stone pillars. There is no permitted parking immediately outside the hotel and parking in our own car park is advised. There is unrestricted, on-street, public parking immediately opposite the hotel when available, but once again, as guests we recommend that you park in our own car park. The pavement immediately outside the hotel comprises uneven cobbles which are negotiable in a wheelchair. The car park itself comprises compacted, loose stones which are slightly inconvenient but easily negotiated.
- There are no major steps to the hotel’s main entrance.
- We would be delighted to help you with your luggage too and from your car and can deliver to your room if you prefer.
- The main door access at the front is considerably wider than a standard wheelchair.
Arriving at the rear
- From the gravel car park there is a level, paved walkway to the CoachHouse block of bedrooms and to the rear access of the hotel leading to reception.
The car park is able to accommodate up to 20 cars. All guests are advised that parking here is entirely at their own risk.
- The floor of the reception area is level flagstones
- There is a low level desk
- Access from Reception to the rear of the building requires passing by the reception desk which is wide enough to accommodate most wheelchairs.
Restaurant, Bar & Conservatories
- All these rooms can be accessed from either the front or rear entrances. The main corridor of the hotel connecting the two comprises a smooth, sloped walkway which can become slippery when wet.
- Access to the alfresco dining area and garden is via the hotel’s main corridor. There is a slight step from the corridor to the terrace which can be slightly awkward to negotiate if in a wheelchair. Main restaurant, bar, lounge and conservatories are also accessed by the main corridor with no steps. Doorways to all these areas are accessible by wheelchair.
- Some tables have central pedestals and are suitable for wheelchair users.
- All the restaurant chairs are armless. Chairs with arms are available should you prefer.
- Full waiter service is provided.
- There are four bedrooms with ground floor access.
- Two of these ground floor rooms in the CoachHousehave access from the car park only. The thresholds to these rooms can be slightly difficult to negotiate by wheelchair to negotiate.
- The other two bedrooms with ground floor access are preferable if access by wheelchair is an issue as they are immediately off the smooth main corridor.
- The bathrooms in two of the rooms are large. One has a large shower with seat. The other has a low level spa bath.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms.
- If required we are able to source wheelchairs and commodes.
- Unfortunately, due to the age and designation of the building as ancient monument, there is no possibility of providing lift access to any of the first floor bedrooms. Whilst there are obviously stairs (two flights), these are not suitable for those fully reliant on using a wheelchair.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide disabled toilets.
- If you have difficulty with your hearing please let reception know so that they may alert you in the event of a fire.
- If you require any assistance for evacuation please notify reception on arrival
- In the event that you would like any medication stored in refrigerators please request this on check in.
- We have tried to be accurate and include as much as possible in our access statement. If you feel that we have missed anything or could improve the information please call us on 01308 862200.